- Create Your Websites – a free step-by-step tutorial designed for non-technical users teaching them how to create their own website in 4 simple and easy to follow steps.
*hat tip to Adam Maciasz
- FirstSiteGuide.com – Are you new to the web? We’ll show you how to start, run and grow your online presence.
*hat tip to Duke Vukadinovic!
- How to Start Your Own Business Website – a detailed guide that can help you start your own website, and not just any other business website but a functional one. *hat tip to Amanda Brener!
How to Make a Website – This site contains different tutorials on how to build a website using WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & HTML. *hat tip to Amanda Brener!
- How to Make a Website: Complete Beginner’s Guide – This helpful guide is thorough and takes you through the simple steps you need to do to create a website. *hat tip to Kate Hussey!
- Video tutorial – Building a Website – a step-by-step video tutorial version on how to make a website of websitesetup.org. *hat tip to Kate Hussey!
- Westciv Complete CSS Guide
- Cultured Code – superb interactive reference
- CSS shorthand properties – w/browser compat
- CSS Cheat Sheet – neat, sweet, petite!
- IE Three Pixel Gap
- More Reference Links
- File Extensions .htm vs .html vs .shtml
Color Pickers & Color Theory
- Visibone Color Lab
- 4096 Color Wheel
- Color Blender
- Color Palette Maker
- Color Lookup
- Color Theory – Interior Design Elements: All About Color
- Color Psychology
Hat tip to Name Estate!
- glish.com : CSS layout techniques
- The Layout Reservoir – BlueRobot
- Sliding Doors of CSS: A List Apart
- Trifecta Buttons – CSS rollover buttons
- List-O-Matic – lovely, lovely lists
- CSS Creator
- CSS Layout Generator
- Make Template
- Blueprint CSS
- Media Embedding Made Simple
- Little Boxes-CSS Layouts
- css Zen Garden
- stu nicholls | CSS PLaY – tons of examples
Prefab Code – Appearance Tricks
- Good reference for some great tricks
- CSS Tabbed Navigation – fixed banner nav
- Balance Columns
- Curvelicious – Eric Meyer throws a curve
- Pure CSS Popups 2 – Eric Meyer again
Stu Nichols, God of Demos
- Stu Nichols, CSSPlay
- Balance Columns Using CSS
- Drop Down Menus
- Slide Menus
- Multicolumn Fluid
- Ultimate Buttons
- Frame Emulator
- A List Apart – The Gods. Go. Learn.
- Advanced CSS Layouts: Step by Step
- Float Tutorial
- Clearing Floats
- CSS Validator
- HTML Validator
- Firebug is dead!
- 10 Alternatives to Firebug
- 27 Other Alternatives to Firebug
Misc Grace Notes
- Favicon – give your site a custom icon!
- Lyndhurst STEM – a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math club for girls in the Lyndhurst public school district.