Have I mentioned John Gruber at Daring Fireball is a God? Well he is. Bow down chillins, he da man.
His post today smokes the Blue Meanies like an earthworm on a barbeque grill.
Microsoft Rips Off Appleâ€™s Workgroup Manager Icon?
Monday, 11 December 2006
- Go to this page on Microsoft.com for Vista Business edition.
- Click the â€œBuyâ€ tab or â€œBuy Nowâ€ button. The page content changes, to reveal this icon:
- Go to this page on Apple.com for Mac OS X Server.
- Scroll down and observe this icon for Appleâ€™s Workgroup Manager app:
- Go â€œHmmâ€¦â€.
- Think of a snarky comment making fun of the fact that Microsoft canâ€™t even copy an icon without screwing it up by resizing it.
(Thanks to astute DF reader Humberto Becerra for discovering this.)
Once again, Microsoft underlines where the real genius behind their products comes from: Apple.